Hate wiregrass – Need a Solution? Don’t want to KILL all the “good” grass you worked so hard to grow? Use this three ingredient cocktail proven in university field trials to kill wiregrass. Must be applied monthly over a four month period once the weed begins to green up in late spring and throughout the summer.
groSMART™ – PROVEN Wiregrass Killer Cocktail – 2 Pints
Out of stock
Out of stock
Hate wiregrass? Need a Solution? Don’t want to KILL all the “good” grass you worked so hard to grow? Use this three ingredient cocktail proven in university field trials and in the yards of thousands of Do-It-Yourself homeowners to kill wiregrass.
Bermudagrass is a tenacious weed that aggressively invades both landscape and lawn areas. It is commonly known as “wiregrass” because of its stolen growth which is above-ground stems that creep along the surface looking for new places to root, and then start a new batch of plants. It propagates both vegetatively and by seed, so it spreads quite easily from one lawn or area to another.
To date, the best control was the use of Glyphosate (Round-Up) products that would kill the bermuda, but take out any turfgrass along with it.
Bermudagrass control requires completely killing the whole plant – roots and all. This means the plant must be growing as healthy as possible at the time, which is usually during July and August.
The combination of three products, Turflon Ester, Acclaim Extra and Spreader Sticker applied 4 times a year per growing season for two consecutive years will result in control of common Bermudagrass with minimal to no damage to your tall fescue turf.
- The cocktail should be applied monthly beginning in May and with applications recurring in June, July and August.
- Spreader/Sticker is a surfactant that aids in the herbicides spreading completely over the entire plant to ensure effectiveness.
- PRODUCT APPLICATION RATE PER 1,000 SQ. FT.
– Turflon Ester 3/4 oz. per gallon of water
– Acclaim Extra 2/3 oz. per gallon of water
– Spreader-Sticker 1 tbls. per gallon of water
- APPLY 4 APPLICATIONS EVERY MONTH FOR 2 CONSECUTIVE YEARS**
– May 1st annual application
– June 2nd annual application
– July 3rd annual application
– August 4th annual application